Friends

Thursday, 29 May 2014

There's an envelope for that...

I had an idea for a card but the size that I was thinking of just wouldn't fit into a standard envelope.  Thank goodness for the Envelope Punch Board!  I was able to make my card AND a matching envelope.  It's great when things work out, isn't it?

I wanted to use all the new In-Colors again.  I had a layout in my head and it definitely needed a longer-than-usual card.  I decided to make mine 3 1/2" x 7".  That allowed me to have the borders at the sides and also the special stamping in the centre.  For the stamping I used Whisper White as well as the following stamp sets:  Work of Art, Feel Goods, and Gorgeous Grunge.  My base cardstock was the Naturals White and then I added a narrow layer of Blackberry Bliss.

When you look at my card, you can understand why I made the card long and narrow.  The Whisper White was cut to 3 1/4" x 6 3/4".  The chevron stamp from the Work of Art stamp set is approximately 3 1/4" long and therefore divides the card into sections perfectly.  For the outer sections, I used the heart and circle stamps from the Work of Art stamp set with Lost Lagoon, Tangelo Twist, Blackberry Bliss and Hello Honey inks.  In the centre section, I used the larger "square" shape first in Hello Honey and then in Tangelo Twist.  On top of that I stamped the sentiment from the Feel Goods stamp set using Blackberry Bliss ink.  Then I added stamped hearts in Blackberry Bliss ink and Lost Lagoon ink.  To finish off my stamping, I added the large spatter from the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set using Mossy Meadow ink.

After assembling the layers, I added three gold foil hearts, mounted on dimensionals.


For my envelope, I used a plain white piece of paper cut to 8 5/8" x 8 5/8" and followed the directions for the 3 1/2" x 7" card that are given right on the Envelope Punch Board.  It was a snap.  To finish off the envelope, I stamped along the left border using the chevron stamp and Hello Honey ink and then added a heart in Tangelo Twist and a circle in Lost Lagoon.


A perfect set!  The new In-Colors look terrific together!  And I'm really loving that new Work of Art stamp set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments or questions.