Thursday 29 May 2014

There's an envelope for that...

I had an idea for a card but the size that I was thinking of just wouldn't fit into a standard envelope.  Thank goodness for the Envelope Punch Board!  I was able to make my card AND a matching envelope.  It's great when things work out, isn't it?

I wanted to use all the new In-Colors again.  I had a layout in my head and it definitely needed a longer-than-usual card.  I decided to make mine 3 1/2" x 7".  That allowed me to have the borders at the sides and also the special stamping in the centre.  For the stamping I used Whisper White as well as the following stamp sets:  Work of Art, Feel Goods, and Gorgeous Grunge.  My base cardstock was the Naturals White and then I added a narrow layer of Blackberry Bliss.

When you look at my card, you can understand why I made the card long and narrow.  The Whisper White was cut to 3 1/4" x 6 3/4".  The chevron stamp from the Work of Art stamp set is approximately 3 1/4" long and therefore divides the card into sections perfectly.  For the outer sections, I used the heart and circle stamps from the Work of Art stamp set with Lost Lagoon, Tangelo Twist, Blackberry Bliss and Hello Honey inks.  In the centre section, I used the larger "square" shape first in Hello Honey and then in Tangelo Twist.  On top of that I stamped the sentiment from the Feel Goods stamp set using Blackberry Bliss ink.  Then I added stamped hearts in Blackberry Bliss ink and Lost Lagoon ink.  To finish off my stamping, I added the large spatter from the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set using Mossy Meadow ink.

After assembling the layers, I added three gold foil hearts, mounted on dimensionals.


For my envelope, I used a plain white piece of paper cut to 8 5/8" x 8 5/8" and followed the directions for the 3 1/2" x 7" card that are given right on the Envelope Punch Board.  It was a snap.  To finish off the envelope, I stamped along the left border using the chevron stamp and Hello Honey ink and then added a heart in Tangelo Twist and a circle in Lost Lagoon.


A perfect set!  The new In-Colors look terrific together!  And I'm really loving that new Work of Art stamp set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.