Saturday 10 May 2014

Heartfelt Wishes--more core'dinations and retiring Designer Paper

I was looking through some of the retiring products, trying to decide what I could live without and what I intend to keep for personal projects.  There is a particularly pretty print in the Venetian Romance Designer Series paper that I am really going to miss.  On a Very Vanilla Background, there is pale Soft Suede script with a lovely baroque design on top of that in shades of Tangerine Tango and Crisp Cantaloupe.  The design gave me the idea for the card.

As my base, I used Tangerine Tango cardstock.  My next layer was a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Very Vanilla which I stamped in twice off-stamped Crumb Cake with the baroque design from Background Builders (retiring).  I just wanted a very light background design and this did a great job.  Along the right border, I stamped the small butterfly image from Papillon Potpourri in offstanped Tangerine Tango and Crisp Cantaloupe.

The next layer was a double layer attached with dimensionals.  The bottom layer was Soft Suede while the top layer was that wonderful piece of Venetian Romance Designer Paper that I described already.  Along the right border, I trimmed the edge using the fancy lace of the Finishing Touches Edgelits.  I love the way the Soft Suede shows through and highlights the design.

For my sentiment, I used three layers.  The base was Soft Suede cut with my Scalloped Tag Topper Punch and trimmed to 2 1/2".  On top of that is a piece of Tangerine Tango Core'dinations cut with my Chalk Talk framelit, run through my Big Shot using the Beautifully Baroque embossing folder, and sanded.  The final layer is Very Vanilla stamped with Soft Suede using the Fabulous Phrases stamp set (retiring).

The finishing touches for the card were a butterfly stamped with the large Papillon Potpourri stamp on the Watercolor Wonder Designer Paper using Soft Suede ink and cut using the Elegant Butterfly punch and attached to the top right of the card using a skinny piece of dimensional.  I also added  two flowers cut from the Tangerine Tango Core'dinations paper using the Petite Petals punch and then crunched and sanded.  Their centres looked perfect when I added two large Pearls (retiring).  I also tied a piece of the 7/16" Natural Trim through the hole left by the Scalloped Tag Topper punch.


I love the way this card turned out.  I'm going to have to see what else I have in my retiring pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.