Tuesday 27 May 2014

A "Smooch" finish

I've been using the new In-Colors quite a bit the last week or so.  They're new (of course) and it's good to get a feel for them.  I've discovered, for example, that I like their intensity but also really like the way they look when I off-stamp them first and then stamp with the diminished colour.  Today I used all five of the new In-Colors along with the new Work of Art stamp set.  The result is hard to describe.

I used the full intensity of the colours for all but the Blackberry Bliss.  That one is extremely dark when used without off-stamping.  Since I decided to use the chevron shape from the Work of Art stamp set for that colour, I chose not to use the stamp pad.  Instead, I used the Stampin' Marker and inked up each line with that.  As I inked each of the three lines, I off-stamped it---except for the third line which I left at full colour.  That way the Blackberry Bliss shows off its inner warm tones.

When I finished all the shapes and hearts and circles, I decided to add one more heart but this time instead of stamping it, I used the smallest of my Hearts Framelits to cut out a heart from the Blackberry Bliss cardstock.  To give it further definition, I used my Chalk Marker around the perimeter and also to make a design similar to the design on the stamp on one side.  I adhered the heart onto the Lost Lagoon stamped shape using a dimensional.  The "you" that is stamped in Blackberry Bliss three times is also from the Work of Art stamp set.  The sentiment "love you" is part of a stamp from the Yippee Skippee stamp set, inked using my Blackberry Bliss Stampin' Marker.

For my base I used the Naturals White cardstock with a layer of Basic Black on top.  I rounded off the corners of the Whisper White before adding that layer.


To give the card a bit of additional interest (and sparkle) I spritzed the card with the Vanilla Smooch spray as a final touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.