Friends

Tuesday, 27 May 2014

A "Smooch" finish

I've been using the new In-Colors quite a bit the last week or so.  They're new (of course) and it's good to get a feel for them.  I've discovered, for example, that I like their intensity but also really like the way they look when I off-stamp them first and then stamp with the diminished colour.  Today I used all five of the new In-Colors along with the new Work of Art stamp set.  The result is hard to describe.

I used the full intensity of the colours for all but the Blackberry Bliss.  That one is extremely dark when used without off-stamping.  Since I decided to use the chevron shape from the Work of Art stamp set for that colour, I chose not to use the stamp pad.  Instead, I used the Stampin' Marker and inked up each line with that.  As I inked each of the three lines, I off-stamped it---except for the third line which I left at full colour.  That way the Blackberry Bliss shows off its inner warm tones.

When I finished all the shapes and hearts and circles, I decided to add one more heart but this time instead of stamping it, I used the smallest of my Hearts Framelits to cut out a heart from the Blackberry Bliss cardstock.  To give it further definition, I used my Chalk Marker around the perimeter and also to make a design similar to the design on the stamp on one side.  I adhered the heart onto the Lost Lagoon stamped shape using a dimensional.  The "you" that is stamped in Blackberry Bliss three times is also from the Work of Art stamp set.  The sentiment "love you" is part of a stamp from the Yippee Skippee stamp set, inked using my Blackberry Bliss Stampin' Marker.

For my base I used the Naturals White cardstock with a layer of Basic Black on top.  I rounded off the corners of the Whisper White before adding that layer.


To give the card a bit of additional interest (and sparkle) I spritzed the card with the Vanilla Smooch spray as a final touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments or questions.