Saturday 1 March 2014

Ode to Silhouettes

Sometimes you see a card that someone has made and it speaks to you.  Lisa Young used the Serene Silhouettes stamp set in conjunction with the birds graphics from the Modern Medley Designer Series Paper.

It's funny how life imitates art (or the other way around).  The other morning I went out to my vehicle and was mesmerized by the hundreds (no exaggeration) of birds that filled the bushes and trees.  Every few minutes they would all, in a seemingly orchestrated movement, rise into the air and take a short flight overhead only to return to the bushes and trees.  The air was filled with their chirping and with the noise of their wings moving.  It was an incredible experience.  I managed to get a photo of a small portion of them in one of the trees but even that was difficult.


You have to understand that all the neighbouring trees and bushes were filled with these birds and when they all took flight in unison, it was a very moving sight.

I reached for the Serene Silhouettes stamp set because it was so appropriate and, with a nod to Lisa's original, used it in conjunction with the design from the Modern Medley Designer Paper which featured the silhouettes of birds in flight.  Perfect.  Now I just needed to figure out how I would use them and I could convert my real life experience into a card.

I used Basic Black cardstock as my base and built up using the beautiful Fancy Foil Designer Vellum in gold as well as some Very Vanilla cardstock and some Gold Foil.  Using a combination of my Banners Framelits dies and Squares Framelits dies, I staggered the pieces.  Then I added a sentiment using the Banner Blast stamp set and, finally, some of the lovely Gold Baker's Twine.  I think the card gives an impression of my experience---what do you think?


Products Used

Serene Silhouettes stamp set
Banner Blast stamp set (Sale-a-bration)

Basic Black cardstock
Very Vanilla cardstock
Gold Foil sheet
Gold Fancy Foil Designer Vellum
Modern Medley Designer Series Paper

Goil Baker's Twine
StazOn Black ink
Stampin' Dimensionals
Snail Adhesive


No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.