Monday, 10 March 2014

A bit of everything

You know how sometimes when you're cooking or baking you wind up putting in a bit of this and a bit of that and it seems after a number of those "bits" that you've put in a bit of everything?  That's how I felt when I finished making this card.

I had been looking at the products which I had ordered from the Occasions Catalogue but which were still in their brand new condition.  Never used is a bad thing to be when you're part of a Catalogue with an early end-date.  After all, the Occasions Catalogue ends on June 1st.  Yes, that's still a few months away but do you realize we've already finished with almost 2 1/2 months of this brand new year?  Time flies!  It really does!

So, in particular, I wanted to at least try out my Arrows Textured Impressions Embossing folder and that super-fun framelit from the On Film collection that looks like a Polaroid photo frame.  I also had my eye on the starburst in the Essentials Wooden Elements.  As far as paper was concerned, I had decided that I really hadn't had enough of the gorgeous Watercolour Wonder Designer Series Paper.  To go with it, I chose a base of Naturals White, a layer of Gumball Green (which I embossed with the Arrows embossing folder), some Whisper White and finally, some Crushed Curry.


You can see that I also added a bunch of banners and some Gold Foil just for fun.  The flower is made of coffee filters cut with that wonderful Spiral Flowers Original Die.  I actually cut two and dipped the material into a mixture of rubbing alcohol and Crisp Cantaloupe re-inker.  When dry, I layered the two cut pieces and made one very full flower.  The green peeking out is a leaf, also cut from a coffee filter using Autumn Accents Bigz Die and dipped into a mixture of rubbing alcohol and Gumball Green re-inker.  A bit of white Baker's Twine, some Stampin' Dimensionals, and my card was done.

Isn't that a happy looking card?  Love that Watercolour Wonder Designer Paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments or questions.