Wednesday 26 February 2014

Good as Gold! What a wonderful kit!

I'm not really one for kits.  I like creating cards my way and usually that's not what you do with a kit.  Well, colour me wrong!  This Good as Gold Simply Sent kit is, well, as good as gold.  Even the cards that they suggest making with this kit are gorgeous.  But you don't have to stop there.

I made up my first card sticking pretty closely to the suggested design and it was definitely cute.  Especially since it came with a gold-foil lined envelope in which to send it.  Actually every embellishment on the card came in the kit.  Terrific?  You bet!


With all those colourful dots and gold foil dots, who wouldn't be thrilled to get this card?

But then I began thinking.  Surely all the cards didn't have to be the same.  I had been enjoying the challenges of the little card-in-a-box and thought why not?  Yes, the measurements would have to be adjusted, but outside of that this could be quite a showy card-in-a-box.  You'll have seen it in the last blog hop.


For all its apparent volume, this card-in-a-box fits perfectly into the same foil-lined envelope as the other card.

Of course that got me thinking.  What else could I do with this kit that doesn't look at all like the original kit card?  What about a Circles Flip Card?  Could I adapt that even though the Thinlit is meant for something much larger?  There was really only one way to find out.

With a bit of shifting the original score-line, it really wasn't all that difficult to adapt the Circles Card Thinlit to fit.  I made sure the dotted pattern was to the inside and then went to town decorating the card up.  The colours made me think of Spring and so that's what I aimed for.


I love those little banners and, of course, the Modern Medley Designer Series Paper.  For the inside I kept to the spring theme.


There's just enough room to write something in that empty dialogue bubble.

And finally, this folds down to fit into the gold foil lined envelope that comes with the kit.  Isn't that terrific?


Products Used For Circle Flip Card

Good as Gold Simply Sent Kit (free during Sale-a-bration)
Banner Blast (free during Sale-a-bration)
Banner Punch (free during Sale-a-bration)

Backyard Basics Framelits
Circle Card Thinlits
Word Bubbles Framelits
Chalk Talk Framelits
Apothecary Accents Framelits
Circles Framelits
Window Frames Framelits
1" Circle Punch
7/8" Scallop Circle punch
2 1/2" Circle Punch
Small Heart punch
Owl Builder punch

Backyard Basics stamp set
Springtime Hello stamp set
A Round Array stamp set
A Dozen Thoughts stamp set
Just Sayin' stamp set

Modern Medley Designer Series Paper
Tangerine Tango cardstock
Whisper White cardstock
Island Indigo cardstock
Gold Foil Sheets

Gold Embossing powder
Versamark ink
Tangerine Tango ink
Island Indigo ink
Gumball Green ink
Smoky Slate ink



No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.