Sunday, 23 February 2014

Backyard Basics meets Pretty Print

I fell in love with the Backyard Basics bundle the moment I saw it in the new Annual Catalogue.  There was something timeless about the stamp images and the realization that I wouldn't have to hand-cut the images was a great incentive.  I tried to give this card a bit of a vintage feel with the colours that I chose for it.  What really added the final touch, however, was using a background of Very Vanilla which I put through the Big Shot using that gorgeous now-retired Pretty Print embossing folder.  Very lightly sponging over the raised words made them "pop".  As an added vintage touch, I mounted the irises onto an oval cut from the Brushed Gold cardstock.  It's a simple card but I love it and hope you do, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments or questions.