Thursday, 30 January 2014

Sale-a-bration banners---Oh what fun!

Just a quick post today to show off a little card I created for another colour challenge.  This time the colours were Primrose Petals, Pink Pirouette, and Crumb Cake: a perfect combination for a Valentine's Day card.

I decided to use Primrose Petals as my base cardstock with the next layer of Pink Pirouette and the top layer of Crumb Cake.  After that I added one of those pretty Doilies, a sentiment from the Perfect Pennants stamp set stamped in Primrose Petals on Whisper White, cut out with my 1 3/4" circle punch and mounted on a piece of Primrose Petals cut out with my 2 3/8" circle scallop punch.   That looked perfect, adhered to the centre of the doily with dimensionals.

Across the top I strung a piece of Baker's Twine ending with a bow at the right top.  Along that I used dimensionals to adhere five adorable little banners stamped alternately in Primrose Petals ink and Pink Pirouette ink.  The free Banner Blast stamp set from the Sale-a-bration brochure has such a great assortments of stamps and, bonus, they all co-ordinate with the free Banner Punch that is also in the Sale-a-bration brochure.  Oh, by the way, that punch may be free during Sale-a-bration, but it's also going to be part of the upcoming Annual Catalogue and I assure you it won't be free then.

To the top left corner I added a little blossom cut out with the Petite Petals punch which was introduced in the new Occasions mini catalogue.  The only thing the card needed after that was some bling---which was beautifully provided by a scattering of rhinestones.


And there you have it:  another colour challenge met and an introduction to those playful Banners from Sale-a-bration.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments or questions.