Tuesday, 12 November 2013

Making Cardinals AWO5

I've been preparing for a WOW class and one of the cards I had in mind used the Backyard Basics framelits to cut bird shapes along one side of the musical note patterned DSP from the Modern Medley's pack.  Underneath I planned to have Cherry Cobbler cardstock which would show the cut-outs as red birds.  A little cut with my craft knife and voila, a row of cardinals.  I just had to colour their faces with my black marker and add a tiny pearl and they were almost perfect.

I hate the word almost.  It means you got close but didn't quite make it.  My little row of cardinals just wasn't quite there and I wasn't sure what to do about it.  And then inspiration hit.  I love it when that happens, don't you?  I got my Bird Builder punch out of my drawer, barely breathing because I was sure it was going to be the wrong size.  But it wasn't!  The size was absolutely perfect and so I punched three little wings out of Cherry Cobbler, sponged them with a bit of Basic Black, and added them with Dimensionals.


I love how they turned out and how the card looks.  Inside and out, it's a WOW card.


Check my times in the heading of my blog to see if you can attend a class that I've scheduled.

6 comments:

  1. Can't decide which one I like the best...they are all so amazing =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card :-)
    Thank you for your participation to the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, thanks for playing with along with us - Alisa

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments or questions.