Monday 21 October 2013

There's just something about boxes...

I love all the boxes that Stampin' Up! offers.  They're fun to decorate and fun to fill with a little (or not so little) surprise for someone special in your life.  The Tag a Bag gift boxes are especially fun!  Not only are they a generous 6 7/8" x 2 1/8" x 2 1/2", they come with an acetate sleeve.

You've seen the one I made for the Wacky Watercooler Holiday Catalog(ue) Blog Hop.  For that one I ran the acetate sleeve through my Big Shot using the Northern Flurry embossing folder.  I loved having it decorated as well as the paper box.  The ones my daughter, Shera-Lee, and I made for Hallowe'en also had embossed acetate sleeves.  For them, however, we used that wonderful retired folder, the Spider Web.  That is one embossing folder that I wish hadn't been retired.


As for the rest, we used our new Witches' Brew Designer Series Paper as well as stamps from the Toil and Trouble stamp set.  Shading the edges of the paper and the boxes with a sponge and some Basic Black ink also added to the final effect.


We both loved the way our boxes turned out.  We filled them with shredded paper that we spritzed with a black ink mixture and let dry and then added some chocolates before slipping the sleeves over the boxes. Who wouldn't want to receive one of these as a treat?

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.