Saturday 12 October 2013

Something old meets something new

I joined another challenge, which asked participants to use something that has been retired and something current together on a card.  The easy thing about the challenge was that I have quite a bit of retired product and stamps and, of course, also have a lot of current product and stamps.  The hard thing about the challenge was that I have to pick something.  Sometimes fewer choices really do make life easier.

I had decided that this time I would be making a Christmas card.  Thankfully that really did narrow things down with my retired stamps.  When I told myself to choose something that I had never used before (sadly some of my retired stamps were never introduced to ink), that helped to narrow things down even more.  The set I finally chose was the Perfect Presentation from 2007.  This was a stamp set that I had discovered at a garage sale.  I also decided to use the Snow Flurry embossing folder which retired a year ago.

All the cardstock which I used is current.  My base is the Naturals White which I love to use because of the little flecks and its weight.  Along with that I used Pistachio Pudding, Whisper White, Real Red and Gumball Green cardstock.  The current stamp set that I used for the greeting is the Tags 4 You bundle since the stamp set is complimented by a matching punch.

I finished the card off with a sparkling star punched out of the Silver Glimmer paper.


Another challenge completed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.