Friends

Saturday, 12 October 2013

Something old meets something new

I joined another challenge, which asked participants to use something that has been retired and something current together on a card.  The easy thing about the challenge was that I have quite a bit of retired product and stamps and, of course, also have a lot of current product and stamps.  The hard thing about the challenge was that I have to pick something.  Sometimes fewer choices really do make life easier.

I had decided that this time I would be making a Christmas card.  Thankfully that really did narrow things down with my retired stamps.  When I told myself to choose something that I had never used before (sadly some of my retired stamps were never introduced to ink), that helped to narrow things down even more.  The set I finally chose was the Perfect Presentation from 2007.  This was a stamp set that I had discovered at a garage sale.  I also decided to use the Snow Flurry embossing folder which retired a year ago.

All the cardstock which I used is current.  My base is the Naturals White which I love to use because of the little flecks and its weight.  Along with that I used Pistachio Pudding, Whisper White, Real Red and Gumball Green cardstock.  The current stamp set that I used for the greeting is the Tags 4 You bundle since the stamp set is complimented by a matching punch.

I finished the card off with a sparkling star punched out of the Silver Glimmer paper.


Another challenge completed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments or questions.