Saturday 26 October 2013

Playing with the Pop n Cut Die

For a lot of people the Pop n Cut Dies are old news.  For me, this is a brand new toy.  Yes, I held out against getting it because "ouch"! it is expensive.  But then a lot of things are and now that I have it I can't believe I didn't get it sooner.

The outside of the Pop n Cut card is really not all that much different from a normal 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card.  Yes, it has little slots at the bottom of the back where the rounded tabs at the top of the front slip in.  If that was all, it really wouldn't be worth the investment.


Since I was just trying out the die, I used some of my retired papers.  Really, any papers could be used to just as good effect.  I love the way the Apothecary Framelit make it appear as if you're peeking at the haunted mansion through a keyhole, don't you?  And the spider from the new Bite Me Photopolymer stamp set is very realistic, isn't it?

It's the inside of the Pop n Cut card that makes the entire investment worthwhile and gives the card such a WOW effect.  I used the spider web from the Bite Me Photopolymer stamp set across the gravestones as well as another spider from the set and some blood spatters, also from the set.  I also used the retired bat punch (so sorry about that---it was such a terrific punch) and the 1 3/4" circle punch for the moon.  The rest of the bats are part of that wonderful Witch's Brew Designer Series Paper.  Don't you just love it?  

The skeleton is from the Toil and Trouble stamp set and hand cut out.  I made a little "v" cut at the elbow to allow his arm to bend.  The whole scene in the centre is pushed out like a stage.  There is a real 3-D effect and it is so easy using the Pop n Cut Die.  


And there you have it.  My new discovery about a year after everyone else discovered it.  Oh well, better late than never, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.