Wednesday, 18 September 2013

Meeting the Challenge 3

I'm going to share another Colour Challenge.  This challenge was for the following colours:


These are lovely colours but again, I wouldn't have reached for them on my own.  Actually I was so involved in getting ready for my Blog Hop that I was going to skip the challenge (lack of inspiration can do that) but I suddenly had one of those "lightbulb" moments.  Love that!  It's as good a feeling as waking up inspired.  But I digress.

I had made a card a few weeks back with a diagonally cut front and thought it would work well for this challenge.  Of course I had to make a few changes to the previous design because---well, I'm just like that. 
The previous design had a diagonal "flip" square.  You can see what I mean with this card:


This was also part of a Colour Challenge.  The design of the card, however, is what I liked and wanted to adapt for my new challenge.

If you want to make a card like the above, this is the template for cutting.  When you compare it to the template for the second card, you'll see what I mean about adapting the design.


This is how those templates look when they've been cut and folded:

First card
Second card

Both cards are fun to make, but I wanted to have a "frame" around the images for the second card and that is the reason for the change in template.


This is the card that meets my Colour Challenge and that I made using the second template.  I wanted the frame so that the leaves appear to be coming up out of it and also so that the pennants at the bottom have a spot to come out of as well.  

The petals of the flower are all cut with the Mosaic Punch.  The bottom eight which you can just see slightly are cut from Soft Sky cardstock while the top eight are cut from vellum cardstock that has first been stamped using the Mosaic Madness stamp set and Soft Sky ink.  I used my bone folder to give some curve and dimension to the vellum petals.  The pennants were stamped first using the Hearts a Flutter stamp set with, respectively, Soft Sky ink, Baked Brown Sugar ink and Garden Green ink.  After using the Hearts a Flutter framelit to cut the pennants out, I stamped them all in Basic Black ink using one of the stamps in the Petite Pairs set.

Another challenge met.

2 comments:

  1. What an interesting pair of folds. I haven't seen anything like them. Thanks for sharing your great idea, Heidi! --Doris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like them, Doris. Have fun with them.

      Delete

I welcome your comments or questions.