Sunday 25 August 2013

The Neverending Story (of a room trying to find its identity)

Did you come here to find out if I managed to get my room organized enough to hold my Open House?  It took some doing, but, yes, I managed enough.  It isn't as organized as I would like and a few things flew off my radar during the last frantic efforts to get finished.  I will find them when I get back to the final phases of the room re-hab.

The new layout made me very happy.  It definitely made a difference.  With my desk at the top of the room, against the window wall, there is finally room on both sides of the table for people to be sitting and creating.  Until now I've had to snug my long table against my desk in order to have walking and sitting room along the one side.  So that's a giant step in the right direction. 

Long table going along centre of room.

The shelving full of stamp sets and below that the organizing unit
Shera-Lee and Adam gave me.  Beside that, the two Ikea towers.
And beside those you can just see the file cabinets for my paper.

The super drawer unit from Costco which is so well-built that
it houses all my punches and dies.  I'll have to post a picture
later in the organization showing the contents of the drawers.

So the room really did look okay.  Not perfect or even approaching perfect, but at least a work-in-progress that allows me to have people come in and stamp comfortably.

Then I also had the new products set up in other rooms.  I would have loved a really professional looking set-up, but it's early times yet.  I've only been doing this for 20 months now, after all.  Give me a chance.

Products from the Holiday Catalogue and new 
catalogue-free products such as the photopolymer
 stamp sets and the Undefined.

And a few of the samples along with more new products and the catalogues.

I also managed to create the two make-n-takes for the Open Houses.  Yes, that was really going down to the wire.  A very dear friend sent me a cartoon that epitomizes my creative habits.  I really do have to share it with you.  Hope you enjoy Calvin and Hobbs as much as I do.
Yes, last minute panic saved the day---again!  Thanks to my daughter, Shera-Lee, for the prepping of all the cut materials for those make-n-takes.  It freed up some time for me to get the last bit of clean-up done.  Hmmm---could she be the Hobbs to my Calvin?  No, I'm just overtired, right.

I'm going to give you a sneak peek at the make-n-takes. 


 I'll post larger photos as well as the usual how-to in my next blog post.  But at least this gives you an idea of what my fevered brain finally came up with in its last minute panic.






2 comments:

  1. Why yes, yes I did come here for that exact reason. Hee, hee. Not surprised in the least that you pulled it together and so wonderfully at that. Kudo's to Shera-Lee for seeing that even Mom's need a tiger in their corner when push comes to shove.

    The projects look like a lot of fun. The Merry card with it's use of the scrumptious new products is my fav. Wish I lived a tiny tad closer. I think I'll print that cartoon and post it in my own craft room. Most apt.

    Hugs and hope your Monday Open house goes swimmingly (but without rain). Hugs - J.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you lived a tad closer as well Jean. We'd have a hoot! I love the cartoon and am so glad you sent it to me. It's absolutely perfect considering what I went through to get to this moment.

      Rain or shine, I'm prepared (I trust) for Monday. Of course after that comes the moment I'm dreading: finding homes for some of the piles that got displaced in order to make the Open Houses happen.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.