Friends

Tuesday, 25 June 2013

Hexagonals rock!

I love the Honeycomb embossing folder.  I love the new Hexagon Punch.  Put the two together and they rock, big-time.  I had to make a get-well card and, using the embossing folder and punch together, made a quick and easy card that I'm hoping will instantly lift the spirits of my friend.

The colours I decided to use were white, black and red.  I love those colours together and, for this design, really helped make everything "pop".  My base was the Naturals White cardstock.  Then I cut a 4"x5 1/4" piece of the Real Red Polka Dot Parade designer paper and a 3 3/4" x 5" piece of Basic Black cardstock which I embossed using my Honeycomb embossing folder.  I also punched out a piece of the same Polka Dot Parade designer paper using my Hexagon punch.  Finally, I snipped a 1" square of the Creped Filter Paper.

Taking my hexagon piece of Polka Dot Parade, I used my Basic Black Stampin' Marker to draw a line halfway up the centre.  Then I drew a line from the edge on both sides to meet that centre.  I also cut a small hole in the top of the hexagon shape and pulled the folded up piece of Creped Filter Paper through and attached it at the back with a glue dot.  You can see what I'm talking about in the following picture.  You know what they say: a picture is worth a thousand words---and also shows off exactly what I did.


I propped that up on dimensionals on my embossed Basic Black layer.

Then I stamped the Get Well sentiment from the new Tag It stamp set on Whisper White cardstock, using Basic Black ink.  I cut that out using the matching framelit from the Chalk Talk framelit set.  I used the next size up framelit from that set to cut a plain piece of Real Red cardstock to back the sentiment.

I propped the sentiment up on dimensionals as well.  And the card was finished---as simple as that.  But I love the way the colours "pop", don't you?


At this point I have to say that using my new magnetic platform made cutting the sentiment out with my framelit so easy that I felt like singing.  No more post-it notes or tape to hold my framelits down ever again!

2 comments:

  1. Heidi, you are a genius! I adore that little "tissue box"!! Your card totally rocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sharon. I think we're going to see a lot of cute projects with that new hexagon punch. :)

      Delete

I welcome your comments or questions.