Monday, 17 June 2013

Another swap? Are you kidding me?



Remember me?  The one who swore off all swaps until the end of time?  Well, the end of time certainly came a lot faster than I anticipated because suddenly I've agreed to be part of another swap.  This is a perfect time to say Oy vey!

A friend of mine is having a swap using the brand new stamp sets that are being released each month this year in celebration of Stampin' Up!'s 25th Anniversary.  The one I chose to do is the set released for May:  Best of Brides and Babies (item #133482).  So far it's probably my favourite set with the Best of Butterflies being a close second.  You can tell from the name of the stamp set that I would be having a choice of making a baby card or a wedding card, right?  That was a really difficult decision.  The stamps for each were so appealing.  After changing my mind several times, I finally chose to do a wedding card.
Best Of Brides & Babies Clear-mount Stamp Set
You can see from the images in the stamp set that any of those stamps would be fun to use.  For my wedding card I decided to use the Bride and Groom stamp as well as the Bells stamp.  

The designing process can be really difficult insofar as there are so many ways one can use the stamps and also so many colours one can use and so many ways one can use the products. So I decided that I would use the Vellum Cardstock but first emboss it with my Framed Tulips embossing folder.  I love the way vellum turns opaque and white wherever it is embossed.  The pattern of the Framed Tulips embossing folder gave the embossed edges a very lacy look.  Using my StazOn, I stamped the bride and groom towards the lower left of the embossed vellum and then on the reverse side of the vellum, I used my Pacific Point Stampin' Marker to colour in the bouquet and the flower in the bride's hair.


I also chose the Pacific Point as my base cardstock to compliment the colour of the flowers.  In order to emphasize the lacy look of the embossed vellum and also to make the stamped image stand out, I cut a slightly smaller piece of Whisper White to mount on the base cardstock first and then I centred the vellum over that.  You can really see the details in this picture.


Since the image of the bride and groom isn't very large, that left an awful lot of plain white on the card.  To balance the stamped bride and groom, therefore, I chose to put the scalloped heart from the Hearts a Flutter stamp set towards the top right corner of the card on a separate piece of Whisper White cardstock.  I stamped the heart using the new Smoky Slate ink.  After using my framelit to cut the heart out, I used VersaMark to stamp the bells onto the heart and then used silver embossing powder to heat emboss them.  I loved the finished result.


I adhered the heart to the card using Stampin' Dimensionals.  And that, I decided, would be enough.  The finished card looked elegant and simple.


And that is the card everyone in the swap will receive.  

2 comments:

  1. I like how you embossed the vellum paper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Terri. I've also embossed the vellum using the scalloped lace edge embossing folder and it looks gorgeous. If you back it with a darker cardstock, it really makes the embossing pop. I've always liked vellum but since I've begun embossing it, I'm liking it even better (if possible).

      Delete

I welcome your comments or questions.