Wednesday 20 March 2013

Faux Metal meets Need for Speed

I was trying to come up with an idea for a masculine card.  What is more masculine than a Quad and some bright and shiny metal?  Sounds like a match made in Heaven, right?   Using the Need for Speed stamp set and some embossed faux metal, I managed to make a card that just shouts out "I'm a masculine card!"

The faux metal is an easy technique, using some aluminum foil wrapped around a piece of cardstock and then run through the Big Shot in an embossing folder---in this case the Houndstooth folder.  A bit harder was cutting out the little Quad since there was some fussy cutting around the handle-bars.


The hardest part of making this card?  Taking the picture.  Without the flash, the darker colours simply became too dark.  With the flash, I had the worst bright centre and everthing else was too dark.  The solution?  I finally stood across the room, zoomed in and the flash was weakened by the distance.  It's still not quite right because of the colours the metal reflects, but it's mot bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.