Friday 15 February 2013

Struggling onward---more of the Papaya Collage

I still had the bird to think about.  Oh, I realize that using a stamp set doesn't mean using every single stamp in the set.  There are usually one or two pieces that see little stamping compared to other pieces that seem to be used all the time out of a stamp set.  In my last post I used the frame, rose and leaves from the Papaya Collage stamp set.  Normally I would have been satisfied with that.  In this case, however, since nothing in the set came easy, I was determined to use the bird stamp as well---and, hopefully, the odd little party hat.

Staying within the colours that I had used with the last card, I again used the Early Espresso for my base cardstock and had a second layer of cardstock using the Primrose Petals.  For the stamped images, I decided to use a piece from the More Amore Designer Specialty Paper: the one which was overall mainly Very Vanilla with tiny connected hearts thinly drawn in black and the occasional heart fully coloured in Real Red, Primrose Petals, Pool Party or faded black.  On this 5" x 3 3/4" piece, I stamped the leaves in the upper left corner and also in the lower right corner, using Early Espresso ink.  Then, also using the Early Espresso, I stamped the bird "standing" on the leaves in the lower right corner.  Finally, using Primrose Petals ink, I stamped the party hat on the bird's head.

I finished off by first rubbing a 5/8" Trim Flower into Crumb Cake and Primrose Petals and then adhering it to the top left corner.  An Ivory Naturals banner stamped in Primrose Petals with Happiness from the Loving Thoughts stamp set finished the card off.


Now I'm not that much of a ribbon and bows kind of stamper but then I'm not much of a "clean and simple" kind of stamper, either.  Working with the More Amore Designer Specialty paper made me begin to think "girly", however, and so I gave the stamp set one last try, but this time with ribbons and bows.

For this card I began with Primrose Petals for my base cardstock, added a layer of Early Espresso, and then  added a rectangle of the More Amore  plus the frame stamped on Very Vanilla using Crumb Cake.  I cut around the frame and then sponged  the perimeter using Primrose Petals ink.  To give it some texture and also to "echo" the design in the More Amore paper, I used the   embossing folder and ran the frame through the Big Shot.  Then I sponged just a touch of Crumb Cake across the Very Vanilla centre and assembled the card.

The ribbon I used for the bow was the Very Vanilla Seam Binding with a folded piece of Victoria Crocheted Lace ribbon underneath and both held together with an Antique Brad.  To finish off the card, I stamped the bird on Very Vanilla using Early Espresso and cut it out carefully.  After sponging it lightly with Primrose Petals, I adhered it to the stamped frame near the lower right corner.


I'm not sure which of the three cards I like best.  I'm glad to have finally used almost all the pieces of the Papaya Collage stamp set.  That's one less stamp set "nagging" to be used.

2 comments:

  1. These Papaya collage cards are really lovely. How cute is that bird with his party hat on! It is my favourite one, especially because you stamped on the DSP. You dont see that much but it looks so pretty with those little hearts scattered around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tricia. The Designer Paper really lends itself well to stamping. Most are so cluttered and busy that it would be a waste to stamp on them. Those scattered hearts really make this card, I believe.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.