Saturday 8 December 2012

Memories

I take a lot of photographs.  I've done it for years.  I can't remember a time when I didn't own a camera.   Of course now I own cameras in the double digits, but we won't talk about that.  That's a topic for another blog.

One of the things that I love about stamping is the way it is possible to convey an almost photographic "look" to a card.  I dig into my memories and, with some shimmer paper, a sponge, several colours of ink and a couple of stamps, create a scene that is similar to some that I've come across in British Columbia where I used to live.  Of course I've taken a bit of artistic license, but overall, it brings back memories.

Since I'm feeling nostalgic, my card is in sepia which, for me, is a nostalgic colour.  It reminds me of the past.  Perhaps my own past is not as far back as the original sepia photographs, but let's just agree that memories are well depicted in sepia.

The moon is, of course, exaggerated but since I've moved to Alberta, I've seen some enormous moons as they rise up from the horizon.  They say it's because of atmospheric conditions, but for me that enormous moon is magical.  So I've combined my enormous Alberta moon with the silent beauty of a deer walking through the hilly woods in the evening.


I hope you like it as much as I loved creating it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.