Monday 19 November 2012

Peace on Earth - another WOW card

Peace on Earth!  A wonderful sentiment and it's also a wonderful card. When the people at my Christmas WOW Card Class saw it, their first reaction was "Wow!" which is always very gratifying.  It's a fancy fold called the Joy-Fold, but as long as you take it one step at a time, it's not very hard to do.

It's funny, I don't use the Brushed Silver Cardstock all that often.  It's another one of those "but if I use it, it will be gone".  A silly thought since I can just order it again if I run low, but, well...old habits die hard.  Embossed using the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing folder, the brushed silver looks like embossed metal.  It's gorgeous!


Another one of the products that really looks stunning on this card, besides the brushed silver, is that new Illuminate Glimmer Watermark ink.  This is an ink that really "pops" when it's used on a dark cardstock.  I had everyone stamp snowflakes on the Midnight Muse in the Illuminate and they almost shone, really they did.  Such a little bit of work to get such a fantastic effect!


And to tie it together as well as add another real WOW factor, I used the Flourish Designer Frame for the sentiment on the front of the card.   The sentiment was stamped in Midnight Muse on the Shimmer White Cardstock and is perfectly set off in this frame.


When you add all these pieces together, the result is a stunning card.  Really, quite simple, but what a WOW factor!  Don't you agree?



2 comments:

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.