Thursday 13 September 2012

Winter Memories Two

I promised that I would post another card made with that gorgeous stamp set, Winter Memories.  Well, here it is.  This one uses the stamp with the children building snow people.  It is such a sweet scene.

I wanted to keep this card simple, allowing the scene to dominate rather than the technique.  I used three different cardstocks:  the Naturals White, Marina Mist, and Whisper White.  The reason I used the Naturals White for the base card is that this white cardstock has far more body than the Whisper White.  It makes a good base upon which to layer the others.  The Whisper White, of course, stamps beautifully and so it was my obvious pick for the embossed and stamped cardstock.  The Marina Mist?  Well, it's a wonderful blue and I had planned to use the colour for some of the clothing in the scene.

I embossed the 3 3/4" x 5" Whisper White with the Northern Flurry embossing folder.  The snowflakes are nicely detailed and this folder also leaves much of the lower right side open and free of embossing.  This made a perfect spot for the stamped image.

After stamping the image, I extended the background line with my Basic Black marker so that it met the left border of the cardstock.  That way the scene appeared to be part of the snowflakes.  Then I coloured the scene with some of my Many Marvellous Markers (I really love the set because it matches all my stamp pad colours and cardstock).  After the colouring, I decided to make the embossed snowflakes "pop" by lightly sponging some Frost White Shimmer Paint across them with my Sponge Dauber.

To assemble, I mounted my 4" x 5 1/4" Marina Mist cardstock onto the folded Naturals White card base.  Then, before mounting my embossed Whisper White, I used my 1" square punch to "snip" the corners.  That left a nice spot for some Pearl embellishments which beautifully matched the shimmer of the snowflakes.

For the "Merry Christmas" sentiment I used my wood mount Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp.


There's just one more image in the Winter Memories set left to show you.  I love using this set!

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.