Friends

Monday, 23 April 2012

April Showers?

You know that old saying: April showers bring May flowers.  So has anyone heard a saying about April snow? What does that predict for our coming May?  Here in central Alberta it appears that anything goes.

April has been a busy month.  I've had to get used to the weather here after two glorious weeks in the Caribbean.  *sigh*  I've also had to play "catch up" with my Stampin' Up.  One of the things that has taken a big hit is my Blog.  Even my best laid plans to write to my Blog several times weekly have gone "a'glae" to paraphrase Robbie Burns.

I had an impromptu card-making table at a charity All-Day Scrapbooking Crop.  I designed an elegant vintage card in three choices of colours using "Hello Doily" heat embossed with silver.  I was happily surprised with the enthusiasm making the card generated.  One of the tools which I gave a "starring role" was the Cutter Kit (#106958) and the card-makers loved it so much that within the first six customers, I had sold three kits.  Here is the Pacific Point version of the card.  I also offered a Marina Mist version as well as a Basic Black version.
 In the above shown card I used a medium and a small clear rhinestone brad.  In the following cards I used the basic rhinestones and the basic pearls respectively.
Since I gave people a choice, I was curious as to which of the colours would be the top "seller".  In the final tally, the Basic Black won by a two-card margin.  Only one of the Marina Mist was made.  Next time I do something like this I will throw a warm-coloured card into the mix to see what sort of response it gets.

1 comment:

  1. I love the elegant look of this card! My poor doily stamp has been collecting dust since it was released. I guess I better dust it off and give it a whirl! Thanks for sharing!
    ~Samantha

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments or questions.