Saturday 14 April 2012

April----change is in the wind.

I can't help but think about the wind at the moment since there is quite the storm outside.  Winter is attempting to regain sovereignty over Spring and right now, appears to be winning.  There is actually white stuff (don't call it by name, it might stay) accumulating on the ground.  This is just wrong!  There are buds in the trees, after all, and I'm just so very ready for the promise of Spring flowers.

But besides the weather, there is another "wind" blowing through, making changes.  That "wind" is going to affect my stock of stamps and papers.  All too soon we will see the published "retirement list" and the sad "goodbyes" will begin. There are some stamp sets that I intend to keep whether they are considered retired or not.  They're simply beautiful and express my feelings either in words or in graphics and as a result will remain as part of my private stock.

On the heels of the retirement list, the sneak peeks at the new catalogue will begin and we will discover with what they are replacing some of our old favourites.  I can already foresee beginning a long wish list.  These times are both frightening and exciting.

I have a lot of new cards to post on this blog.  I can't believe I've fallen so far behind.  Of course making the cards that I'll be sending off for my "Masculine Card Swap" has taken up a lot of time.  The Card Camp which I'm holding on Sunday, April 15th (making 8 different cards using different techniques) has also been very demanding of my time since I've not only had to create those 8 cards but also had to cut the components for each card in preparation for the participants.

Being busy sure makes the time pass quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.