Saturday 21 January 2012

A Sweet Gift!

Of course my thoughts constantly stray to my upcoming very first workshop on the 29th.  I'm equal parts nervous and excited.  The excitement is self-explanatory but the nervousness not so much.  I've been a teacher in front of a room of high school students.  I've given knitting classes.  I've spoken before groups on one topic or another.  What makes me nervous about holding my first workshop with all that experience under my belt?  Well, you may laugh...

I'm new to this stamping, card-making, techniques thing.  My head is almost ready to explode with all the new data I've stuffed into it during the past months and I've got bulging files on my computer filled with sample cards (which I've borrowed for ideas...sorry), with various techniques and with all sorts of other how-tos and excellent suggestions.  I'm a fast learner and I've picked up a lot but...the thought that creeps into my mind just before I fall asleep these nights is "what if most of the people attending the workshop know more than I do?" 

I'm not saying that I have to know more than anyone in the world.  I'm just thinking that having a novice demonstrator who is fumbling around with disjointed jargon and is obviously not that knowledgeable might be a turn-off for some people.

Okay, negative thoughts must be suppressed.  This is not healthy and I have to think positive thoughts to get through the next eight days.

On a positive note, I've put together a little door-prize for the draw which I'll hold towards the end of my workshop.  It's going to be a "sweet" gift in the full sense of the word.


I used that really cute Mini Milk Carton Bigz L die on Real Red cardstock.  Then I used my jumbo roller with the I {Love} Love wheel attached and Very Vanilla craft ink in the cartridge.  It almost looks white against the red.  Then I assembled the Mini Milk Carton using that nice, strong Sticky Strip.  Finished it up with a few hearts in the Silver Glimmer paper, a Whisper White ribbon and a sentiment on top of that, stamped in Real Red classic ink with the {V} is for Valentine from the Occasions Alphabet.  And as if this isn't sweet enough, I filled it up to the brim with jelly beans...the only non-Stampin' Up item.


This was so much fun to put together.  I may make a few to give to family on Valentine's Day. :)


1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your upcoming workshop. When you love the product you work with it will be easy to demonstrate. Relax & enjoy. Cute giveaway.

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.